Nearby Roofing Companies in Your Area
Enter your zip code
If roofing work needs to be done, use these tips to closely monitor the cost and avoid going over budget:
1. Understand your nearby roofing services
Roofers carry out a wide variety of services, from repairing shingles to fully installing new roofs. Most roofers will charge according to the scope of work that needs to be done, as well as the type of roof, not by hour. Some common roof repairs include shingle replacement, repairing damaged nails and metal sheets, or flashing repairs (repairing a damaged waterproof barrier). At some point, replacing the entire roof will be necessary.
Contact at least three roofing companies near you for bids on your project. This will help you get familiar with your local roofers, their price points and other nuances in your area.
2. Understand the roofing costs and price factors near you
- Replacing the roof of a standard-sized home (2,200-3,400 square feet) will cost between $2,000 to $6,000.
- Asphalt shingles typically cost between $1.20 to $4 per square foot to install.
- Roof tiles cost $8 to $15 per square foot.
- Metal roofs cost more than most other roofing materials, with a standard 2,200 square foot home costing $5,000 to $20,000 for metal roof installation.
- Labor costs for old roof removal can lie anywhere between $100 to $175 per square ($1- $1.75 per square foot). If the old roof has multiple layers that need to be removed, the cost will typically be higher.
- The cost of roof installation largely depends on the square footage (commonly measured in squares) of the project. In addition, remember the old roof will also need to be removed.
3. How to find a great professional roofer near you
The success of a roofing project will depend on the roofer selected. This page has some of the best-reviewed roofing companies near you with free reviews and grades. Find and contact the best, or let us help you contact top pros. Be sure to follow these tips when you reach out:
- Make sure to choose a certified and insured roofer for your project.
- Ensure that the roofer is familiar with local building codes and permits.
- Contact three roofing companies near you to gauge local price and other area factors.
All roofs require repair or replacement due to wear and tear. It helps to know how much roofers will cost, as well as the scope of services they provide. Roofs are one of the most important parts of the home - many don’t realize this until their roof becomes damaged.
Roofing resources for consumers
Can metal roofing be installed over shingle roofing?
Yes, metal roofing can be installed over shingles and other types of roofs. There could be conflicts with your local building codes however - contact a pro roofer near you to help sort out the details.