Top Chimney Sweeps Near Your Area
Enter your zip code
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 30% of fires arising from fireplaces are caused by dirty chimneys.
Chimney sweeping is important for more than just sanitation reasons. In fact, it’s also a step towards fire safety and preventing fire outbreaks within the home.
Every chimney should be swept and inspected at least once a year to ensure proper fire safety.
How do I hire a good chimney sweeping service near me?
When hiring for chimney sweeping, expect to receive two main services: inspection and cleaning. During an inspection, a contractor will climb to the roof and inspect the chimney from the inside. The chimney will be checked for any structural issues, unusual odors, build-up of soot, and smoke entering the home.
After proper inspection, the chimney will then be cleaned in order to remove any unwanted material. Cleaning will typically involve the following:
- Removal of soot and creosote
- Removing blockages from the inner liner
- Removing debris from the shelf and block chamber
- Most of the cleaning is done using a wired brush that can be lowered from the top of the chimney.
How much does chimney sweeping near me cost?
- Most homeowners spend an average of $225 for chimney sweeping.
- The actual cost you will pay varies anywhere between $100 to $300, depending on the specific services you will need.
- An inspection itself may cost $100 to $250.
- Cleaning costs ranging between $80 to $150.
- If your chimney hasn’t been cleaned in several years, be prepared to incur a higher cost due to the amount of debris that will need to be removed.
- Check with three sweeping companies near you for a check of the local pricing.
The chimney sweeping cost will also depend on any additional services. For example, installing chimney caps or having it flashed may cost an additional $150 to $500.