Nearby Swimming Pool Installers in Your Area
Enter your zip code
Similar to Swimming Pool Installation
Swimming Pool Installation Q & A:
What factors should I consider before adding a swimming pool?
For above-ground pools, installation involves clearing a suitable, flat area, assembling the pool, installing the liner, filling the pool, and adding accessories like heaters, cleaners and decks. In-ground pool installation is far more involved, requiring significant excavation and site preparation. Four main choices:
- Vinyl liner
Other options: pool shape, size, and depth. Yes, the installation process is complicated.
How much does installing a swimming pool near my house cost?
- Above-ground pools installed by a local service can cost $10,000 or more, with accessories like heaters, fencing and wrap-around decks.
- The average cost of all pools (both above- and in-ground pools) is $24,699 - prices can range from $12,368 to $37,437.
- Do-it-yourself above-ground kits may only cost around $300.
- In-ground pools are a serious investment that also potentially adds home value, possibly increasing the price tag by $33,000 to $57,000.
Which swimming pool installer near me should I hire?
- Angie's List recommends that homeowners think carefully about installing a swimming pool.
- Only hire licensed, experienced contractors.
- Ensure all bidders have liability insurance.
- Get three competitive bids that explain the entire scope of work.
- Talk to an insurance rep about your homeowners insurance.
- Read your homeowners association's rules.
What is a gunite swimming pool?
It's a swimming pool formed by spraying a concrete, mortar and sand mixture called shotcrete (also known as gunite) over a steel rebar frame in the shape of the pool. In the end, it's a durable concrete swimming pool.
While most homeowners welcome a new swimming pool, a poorly installed or poorly maintained swimming pool can decrease home value. Nothing beats the freedom and easy access of a home swimming pool on a hot summer day. Getting one is easy, but seldom inexpensive. Do your homework, and choose a swimming pool wisely. If this page doesn't help, consider these resources: